WSO2 announced the release of the revolutionary series of products introducing a componentized design to implement SOA in cost effective and simple manner.
- WSO2 Web Services Application Server (WSAS) – WSO2 WSAS is an enterprise ready web services engine based on Apache Axis2. It is incorporated with many features including,
- Data services support – Expose you enterprise data as a services in a jiffy
- WSAS IDE – Eclipse IDE integration
- Clustering support for High Availability & High Scalability
- Full support for WS-Security, WS-Trust, WS-Policy and WS-Secure Conversation and XKMS
- EJB service provider support – Expose your EJBs as services
- Axis1 backward compatibility – Deploy Axis1 services on WSAS & Engage advanced WS-* protocols in front of legacy services
- JMX & Web interface based monitoring and management
- WS-* & REST support
- GUI, command line & IDE based tools for Web service development
- WSO2 Enterprise Service Bus (ESB)– WSO2 ESB is a lightweight and easy-to-use Open Source Enterprise Service Bus based on Apache Synapse. Here is the listing of some of key features,
- Proxy services – facilitating transport, interface (WSDL/Schema/Policy), message format (SOAP 1.1/1.2, POX/REST, Text, Binary), QoS (WS-Addressing/WS-Security/WS-RM) and optimization switching (MTOM/SwA).
- Non-blocking HTTP/S transports based on Apache HttpCore for ultrafast execution and support for thousands of connections at high concurreny with constant memory usage.
- Built in Registry/Repository, facilitating dynamic updating and reloading of the configuration and associated resources (e.g. XSLTs, XSD, JS, ..)
- Built in support for scheduling tasks using the Quartz scheduler.
- Load-balancing (with or without sticky sessions) /Fail-over, and clustered Throttling and Caching support
- WS-Security, WS-Reliable Messaging, Caching and Throttling configurable via (message/operation/service level) WS-Policies
- Lightweight, XML and Web services centric messaging model
- Support for industrial standards (Hessian binary web service protocol/Financial information exchange protocol)
- Enhanced support for the VFS/JMS/Mail transports
- Support for message splitting and aggregation using the EIP
- Database lookup and store support with DBMediators with reusable database connection pools
- JMX monitoring support
- WSO2 Registry – WSO2 Registry is a user-friendly, but comprehensive enterprise resource / metadata management solution. It is capable of
- Storing and managing arbitrary resources and collections
- Tagging, commenting and rating
- Managing users and roles
- Authentication and authorization on all resources and actions
- Resource / collection versioning and rollback
- Advanced search capabilities – tags, users, etc.
- Built in media type support for common types (WSDL, XSD)
- Dependency management – maintain relationships between dependent resources
- Pluggable media type handlers for handling custom media types
- Support for processing custom URL patterns via pluggable URL handlers
- Support for custom query languages via pluggable query processors
- Activity log and filtering support for the activity logs
- Atom Publishing Protocol (APP) support for reading/writing the data store remotely
- Subscribe to directories, comments, tags, etc. with any standard feed reader (Bloglines, Google Reader, etc)
- Java client for remote access via APP
- Embedded and WAR deployments
- Web based user interface with Web 2.0 look and feel
- WSO2 Business Process Server (BPS) – WSO2 Business Process Server (BPS) is an easy-to-use open source business process server that executes business processes written using the WS-BPEL standard and it’s powered by Apache ODE (Orchestration Director Engine). It provides you the following features,
- Deploying Business Processes written in compliance with WS-BPEL 2.0 Standard and BPEL4WS 1.1 standard.
- Managing BPEL packages, processes and process instances.
- Data Sources support.
- External Database support for BPEL engine.
- WS-Security support for business processes.
- WS-RM support for business processes.
- Caching support for business processes.
- Throttling support for business processes.
- Transport management.
- Internationalized web based management console.
- System monitoring.
- Try-it for business processes.
- SOAP Message Tracing.
- Web Services tooling support such as WSDL2Java, Java2WSDL and WSDL Converter.
- Customizable server – You can customize the BPS to fit into your exact requirements, by removing certain features or by adding new optional features.
All these products are pre-bundled components built on top of WSO2 Carbon framework which is based on the OSGI technology. In fact you can bundle the components to suite your enterprise architecture as all the major features have been developed as pluggable Carbon components.