You can watch a Screencast on How to Consume a Web Service Using WSF/PHP from WSO2 Oxygent Tank developer portal.
There I have presented the steps you need to follow to consume a web service. I choose US National Digital Forecasting database Web Service as my example service to write the demo client.
This screencast contains,
- Where to find the Service documentation + WSDL and what are the information available in there.
- How to generate the PHP client from the WSDL using wsdlphp tool.
- What is in the php file generated from the wsdl2php tool and how you select the required operations to invoke.
- How to fill the input parameter for the web service operation
- How to handle the response returned from the service.
- Finally It shows some different ways the data that you are extracting from the service, can be presented to your user.